SystemRescueCd is a Linux system rescue disk available as a bootable CD-ROM or USB stick for administrating or repairing your system and data after a crash. It provides you with an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the hard disk partitions.
AES Crypt is a FREE (open source) file encryption solution that is available on many OS platforms. On a Windows-based computer, simply install and when you need to encrypt or decrypt a file, right mouse click on the file and select AES Encrypt or AES Decrypt. I also found that after you encrypt a file, you can also easily decrypt the file by clicking on the file and the password window will be invoked. AES Crypt is a great option when you want to store sensitive files in the cloud.
If interested in using this software on your Android devices, visit the Google Play store on your device and perform a search for AES Crypt and you will find several Android apps that is compatible with this software.
Source: AES Crypt
Thank You for visiting
“What’s On My PC“
Microsoft never deactivated Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 validation in its media creation tool
Microsoft has warned users to pay particularly close attention to emails that appear to come from “microsoft.com”. A simple trick involving spelling was the key to a security attack that Microsoft believes was instigated by North Korea.
If you use Microsoft’s OneDrive, did you know there is a personal vault (protected area) in OneDrive where you can store your most important or sensitive files? I totally forgot about the newly added “personal vault” and happened across it while browsing my OneDrive files. It was at this point I needed to know the basics in setting up my “personal vault”.
Here is what you need to do:
Personal Vault is a special folder in your OneDrive that’s protected by an extra layer of security. You’ll need to set it up separately on each device where you want to use it.
- The first time you see Personal Vault in your OneDrive, you’ll see a message where you can select Get started.
If you don’t see the message or you dismissed it, browse to your OneDrive and select the Personal Vault folder.
- Read about Personal Vault and select Next.
- In the Verify your identity dialog box, verify your account info and make note of your email address in case you want it for the next step. Then select Verify.
- Choose a verification method. For example, select Text and follow the instructions to send yourself a text message on your phone.
If you’re using text or email, you’ll need to find the text or email message and type in the code that you were sent.
Click the source link below to learn more about uploading files to your personal vault; moving files to your personal vault; and/or, unlocking or locking your personal vault…
With BlueStacks installed on your Windows OS based computer, you can install and run Android apps on the Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) platform. If you visit their site you will see that the platform provides a great way to play your Android-based games, that you play on your phone, on your computer. You can also install other Android apps, as well. — Rick @ What’s On My PC
BlueStacks lets you play Android apps fast and full-screen on your PC. Push your favorite apps from your Android phone to your PC using BlueStacks Cloud Connect. Run 10 pre-loaded apps “out of the box.” Install up to 26 more of your favorite apps.
Microsoft Windows ISO Download Tool – Easily download genuine disk images for Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 as well as Office images directly from Microsoft.
Creating a desktop shortcut using Google Chrome is quite easy. By creating a shortcut on your Window’s desktop to a favorite site will get you to the site quickly by simply clicking on the shortcut. I personally have shortcuts on the desktop to my Gmail, my calendar, my notes, my Google Drive, etc…
Here are the steps to create a Windows desktop shortcut with Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and go to the site you desire to create a shortcut for. In my case, I went to my site at www.whatsonmypc.net.
- Once the site loads, go to the top right corner of the browser and click on the three vertical dots to open the Google Chrome Menu.
- When the menu opens, click on “More Tools”; then click on “Create Shortcut”
- When the “Create Shortcut” dialog box appears, you can name the shortcut whatever you want to name it. In this case, I named the shortcut “What’s On My PC”. I typically keep the name of the shortcut to a short easily identifiable name.
- You will also see an option where you can open the shortcut as a Window if you desire. My advice, leave the box unchecked.
- Click on “Create” and the shortcut will be created on your Windows desktop where it makes it easy for you to go directly to the site.
- If you decide you no longer want the shortcut, simply delete it from the desktop.
If you aren’t sure which file type that you want to change the association of, right-click the particular file and click Properties from the resulting menu. Look for Type of file at the top of the properties window. The three-letter designation next to that is its file type. You can do it on an individual file type basis, or change all of them from one location.