Source: Portable Apps – Q-Dir Portable
Unlike the regular Windows Explorer, it displays the total size of each folder and allows you to browse multiple folders from a tabbed interface.
Q-Dir gives you extra useful functions to make you happy. Save time by reducing mouse-clicks and hand movements . Q-Dir does not have to be installed and can be executed easily from any location, such as the Desktop, and can be carried on a small USB-stick or other memory device.
Source: SoftwareOK.com – Q-Dir
Which file manager app should you use? Google’s Files comes as part of stock Android, many manufacturers add their own file manager apps, and there are a ton of third-party options.
Q-Dir (the Quad Explorer) makes your files and folder easy to manage. It provides fast and easy access to your hard disks, network folders, USB-Sticks, floppy disks and other storage devices. The 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Q-Dir are included and the correct one automatically used.
If you own a Chromebook that supports running Android Apps you may want to give Solid Explorer File Manager a try. The file manager baked into the ChromeOS has improved, but lacks features. Solid Explorer File Manager is one of those apps that I actually purchased because it worked like it was actually made for my Chromebook, in not only appearance, but in performance. On the Chromebook this file manager runs in “dual pane” view. I especially like that I can access the other computers in my home (for file transfers) and it has more robust cloud access options (can access Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, Sugarsync, Copy, Mediafire, Owncloud, Yandex).
Below you will find a description of the features. Solid Explorer gives you a 14 day trial period to give it a spin. I highly recommend it for Chromebooks (with Android support), smartphones and tablets.
– Material Design!
– Two independent panels serving as file browsers
– Rich customization options: icons sets, color schemes, themes
– Drag and Drop inside and between panels
– FTP, SFTP, WebDav, SMB/CIFS clients
– Ability to read and extract ZIP, 7ZIP, RAR and TAR archives, even encrypted
– Ability to create password protected ZIP and 7ZIP archives
– Cloud file manager: Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Drive, Sugarsync, Copy, Mediafire, Owncloud, Yandex
– Root access makes Solid Explorer a fully functional root explorer
– Extensibility: more features in separate plugins available in Google Play
– Indexed search finds your files in a couple of seconds
– Detailed file information with storage usage statistics
– Batch rename: change names of multiple files at once using regular expressions and variables
– Useful tools: hiding unwanted folders, FTP Server (plugin), bookmarks, Chromecast support, media browser