Every month, “Ask A Tech Teacher” will share five themed posters that you can share on your website (with attribution), post on your walls, or simply be inspired.
Out of 14,288 customer ratings, at the time of this posting, 58% of the reviewers gave the “Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse ” a 5-Star rating. Today (time of this post), I noticed Amazon has this mouse at an additional savings of 15%.
Thank You for visiting
“What’s On My PC“
I am seeing quite a few of these vertical mice (computer mouse) show up that have been designed and engineered to help reduce muscle strain, wrist pressure and will even help you improve your posture. As you know, Logitech has been around for a long time and if I was going to take the plunge on one of the these, I would definitely recommend the Logitech brand.
- ADVANCED ERGONOMIC DESIGN – Places your hand in a natural handshake position using a unique 57-degree angle, preventing forearm twisting and reducing muscular strain by 10 percent* (*As compared with a traditional non-vertical mouse. Based on Logitech Study, September 2017)
- HYPER-EFFICIENT TRACKING – 4000 DPI high-precision sensor provides precise tracking that requires 4x less hand movement compared to a traditional mouse with a 1000 DPI sensor
- CROSS-COMPUTER CONTROL?- Game-changing capacity to navigate seamlessly on three computers, and copy-paste text, images, and files from one to the other using Logitech FLOW
- THREE WAYS TO CONNECT?- Use with up to three Windows or Mac computers via included wireless USB unifying receiver or Bluetooth smart technology or the included USB-C charging cable. Wireless Operating Distance- 10m wireless
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY – With quick charging: Stays powered for 4 months on a full charge? and get 3 hours of use from a 1-minute quick charge (Battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions). Battery life: Rechargeable Li-Po battery (240mAh)
- Avoid excessive reaching. Your keyboard, pointing device, files and telephone should be within easy reach.
- Use a keyboard tray to properly position your keyboard and pointing device.
- Use a copyholder positioned in line with your monitor and keyboard.
- When writing at the computer, avoid excessive reaching over the keyboard or work materials. A sturdy in-line copyholder can double as a writing surface if appropriately positioned.
- Position the monitor so that the viewed part of the screen allows you to keep your neck in a neutral or straight position. The monitor should be centered directly in front of you. The top of the computer screen should be slightly below the top of your head, so that you are looking at it with a slightly downward gaze.
- Position your monitor to eliminate excessive glare or reflections from windows and lighting.
- Customize your computer by using your software. The screen font, contrast, pointer size, speed, and color can all be adjusted to maximize your comfort and efficiency.
Sitting at a computer terminal at great lengths of time can have devastating effects on your overall well being. At Amazon, I found a “Butt and Back Saver”, called the “ComfiLife Gel Enhanced Seat Cushion” that I have put on my wish list that has great reviews in helping reduce back pain & sciatica. Currently, there is a 5% coupon savings that you can apply to this purchase…
Want to reduce muscle strain and decrease discomfort while using the mouse? If so, there are ergonomically correct options and many choices now available, when selecting an ergonomic mouse. When using a mouse, as we know it, on a regular (repetitious) basis, there is a risk of developing carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, and tendonitis.
To reduce the risk of injury, the solution is to use an ergonomic mouse where the mouse is designed to fit a more natural hand position when used.
To get a good idea of what choices are now available in various price ranges, click on the source link below. I think you are going to be surprised…
Source: Amazon – Egononmic Mouse
The laptop stand is compatible with laptop, MacBook, notebook & tablets size up to 17″, depths less than 12.6″ Raises your notebook screen 6.2-inches in to a comfortable and ergonomically correct eye level, while freeing up desktop space.
BONUS Smartphone Stand: Comes with an free adjustable Phone Stand, which offers you five tilt choices from 36°to 67°, ensuring a comfortable fit for a wide range of personal preferences.