What should I do if I get a call claiming there’s a problem with my Social Security number or account?
If you receive a questionable call, hang up, and report the call to our Office of the Inspector General.
- Don’t return unknown calls.
- Ask someone you trust for advice before making any large purchase or financial decision.
- Don’t be embarrassed to report if you shared personal financial information or suffered a financial loss.
- Learn more at oig.ssa.gov/scam.Share this information with friends and family.
- Report SSA Scam Here: Office of the Inspector General: SSA Scam Reporting Form