I have not really had a chance to try this software out; however, after researching it further, I believe it to be of reputable standing. It is called PCDiskEraser (FREE).. With Christmas just days away many people at home will be buying new computers. Where this software comes into play is when you decide to get rid of the old computer. PCDiskEraser is specifically engineered to clear hard disks of data. It is very, very important that if you decide to get rid of that old computer, and still make it usable for someone else, that you eradicate the data on the hard disks. Of course, the other option is to remove the hard drive and severely damage it, but if you are like me, I love handing stuff off to other people.
You can learn more about PCDiskEraser by clicking on the source link below; but, in summary, the features are as follows:
- Offline running (no system cache is written back)
- Special Erasing mode
- Wiping of hard disks/separate partitions (primary, extended, logical) — Don’t waste your time and wipe exactly what you need
- Supported Filesystems PCDiskEraser supports all popular filesystems including NTFS, FAT16, FAT32, EXT3, EXT2, Linux swap, Reiser FS and so on.
- Supported Hardware PCDiskEraser runs on Linux CD which indicates most of the new Hardware is supported by PCDiskEraser. Computers with IDE, SATA, SCSI, USB or Firewire(IEEE 1394) Hard Disks, as well as a wide range of PCI PCI-EX cards, are completely supported.
- Easy to Use PCDiskEraser is designed for simple users. With several simple clicking, you can start to erase your disks or partitions.