Google Maps keeps a detailed history of your movements, which might feel extremely creepy (like you have a robotic stalker), however, it happens regardless of whether you’re aware or not.
Not everyone is comfortable with Google keeping their information for this long, so here is how you can change the settings to limit how long this information is stored:
- Open Google Maps on iPhone or Android.
- Tap the menu bar on the top-left of the app.
- Choose “Your Timeline.”
- Tap the three dots on the top-right of the screen.
- Choose “Settings and privacy.”
- Select “Automatically delete location history.”
- Change the setting from “Keep until I delete manually” to “Keep for 18 months” or “Keep for 3 months.”