When we paint a room in our house we get that feeling that we have something anew. You can do the same thing with your Windows 10 computer by changing the theme. I have found over the years by assisting people with computers that they will stay with the same color schemes, backgrounds, etc… during the entire life of owning their computers. Much of it has to do with being fearful that they may mess up the operation of their computer.
With Windows 10 you are given many options (themes) to change the appearance of what you are seeing and I encourage people to take advantage of that to give you that feeling of anew.
In Windows 10, the simplest way to get started with changing the theme on your computer is to simply go to the desktop, right mouse click, and select “Personalize” on the menu.
- Once the “Personalization” window loads, select “Themes” from the sidebar menu.
- Once the “Themes” window loads, you will have options where you can customize make changes to the current theme (background, color, sounds and mouse cursor); BUT, I highly recommend that you jump down to where it says “Change Theme”.
- At that point, you may see 3 or 4 themes, including the current theme you are using, that shipped with Windows 10. You are not limited to just those themes.
- Under “Themes” you will see “Get more themes in Microsoft Store”. If you click on that, you will be taken to the store where a whole new world of themes is available.
- When selecting a theme from the Microsoft Store, read the reviews, etc… The theme you select will show up in the “Themes” window on your computer and will become part of your collection. You can change the themes anytime by following the steps outlined above.
In Summary, all-in-all, this is a simple process that you can easily learn to make using your computer a more enjoyable experience.